The Seven Spirits of God
In an online Theological discussion group, I was asked if the following Bible verse could relate to the seven Spirits of God, and my replies follow.
Isaiah 11:2 The Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him, The Spirit of wisdom and understanding, The Spirit of counsel and might, The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD.
Hi ! Your are spiritually perceptive in seeing the above Bible text as relating possibly to the seven spirits of God. There are many categories and levels of the seven spirits of God. Hopefully the following public domain text on this will add some; my added comments are in [ ] Later today, I will try to post some more on the 1-3-7-Infinite Trinity. I put much in my initial post, and will have to post much more for this to slowly clarify, even partially. God and the Trinity Godhead are each and all Infinite and infinitely complex, as I shared before.
[public domain text:]
"There are three distinct spirit circuits in our local universe:
1. The bestowal spirit of the Creator Son, the Comforter, the Spirit of Truth.
2. The spirit circuit of the Divine Minister, the Holy Spirit.
3. The intelligence-ministry circuit, including the more or less unified activities but diverse functioning of the seven adjutant mind-spirits.
(Now, a little more on just 3. above, the seven adjutant mind-spirits:)
The seven adjutant mind-spirits are the creation of the Divine Minister [our Infinite-Holy Spirit, the Partner of Jesus Christ, the "Bride of Christ] of a local universe. These mind-spirits are similar in character but diverse in power, and all partake alike of the nature of the Universe Spirit, although they are hardly regarded as personalities apart from their Mother Creator. The seven adjutants have been given the following names: the spirit of wisdom, the spirit of worship, the spirit of counsel, the spirit of knowledge, the spirit of courage, the spirit of understanding, the spirit of intuition--of quick perception.
These are the "seven spirits of God," "like lamps burning before the throne," which the prophet [apostle John's Revelation] saw in the symbols of vision. But he did not see the seats of the four and twenty sentinels about these seven adjutant mind-spirits. This record represents the confusion of two presentations, one pertaining to the universe headquarters and the other to the system capital. The seats of the four and twenty elders are on Jerusem, [not the city Jerusalem] the headquarters of your local system of inhabited worlds.
THE SEVEN ADJUTANT MIND-SPIRITS
It is the presence of the seven adjutant mind-spirits on the primitive worlds that conditions the course of organic evolution; that explains why evolution is purposeful and not accidental. [All true evolution is actually God's apparently slower creations in space-time here] These adjutants represent that function of the mind ministry of the Infinite Spirit which is extended to the lower orders of intelligent life through the operations of a local universe Mother Spirit. The adjutants are the children of the Universe Mother Spirit and constitute her personal ministry to the material minds of the realms. Wherever and whenever such mind is manifest, these spirits are variously functioning.
The seven adjutant mind-spirits are called by names which are the equivalents of the following designations: intuition, understanding, courage, knowledge, counsel, worship, and wisdom. These mind-spirits send forth their influence into all the inhabited worlds as a differential urge, each seeking receptivity capacity for manifestation quite apart from the degree to which its fellows may find reception and opportunity for function.
We [some Sons of God and Angels under Jesus] are handicapped for words adequately to designate these seven adjutant mind-spirits. They are ministers of the lower levels of experiential mind, and they may be described, in the order of evolutionary attainment, as follows:
1. The spirit of intuition--quick perception, the primitive physical and inherent reflex instincts, the directional and other self- preservative endowments of all mind creations; the only one of the adjutants to function so largely in the lower orders of animal life and the only one to make extensive functional contact with the nonteachable levels of mechanical mind. [I think this may be the cause of all plant and lower animal life to have a mind to pattern its (maraculous to us !) develelopment - growth.]
2. The spirit of understanding--the impulse of co-ordination, the spontaneous and apparently automatic association of ideas. This is the gift of the co-ordination of acquired knowledge, the phenomenon of quick reasoning, rapid judgment, and prompt decision.
3. The spirit of courage--the fidelity endowment--in personal beings, the basis of character acquirement and the intellectual root of moral stamina and spiritual bravery. When enlightened by facts and inspired by truth, this becomes the secret of the urge of evolutionary ascension by the channels of intelligent and conscientious self-direction.
4. The spirit of knowledge--the curiosity-mother of adventure and discovery, the scientific spirit; the guide and faithful associate of the spirits of courage and counsel; the urge to direct the endowments of courage into useful and progressive paths of growth.
5. The spirit of counsel--the social urge, the endowment of species co-operation; the ability of will creatures to harmonize with their fellows; the origin of the gregarious instinct among the more lowly creatures.
6. The spirit of worship--the religious impulse, the first differential urge separating mind creatures into the two basic classes of mortal existence. The spirit of worship forever distinguishes the animal of its association from the soulless creatures of mind endowment. Worship is the badge of spiritual- ascension candidacy.
7. The spirit of wisdom--the inherent tendency of all moral creatures towards orderly and progressive evolutionary advancement. This is the highest of the adjutants, the spirit co-ordinator and articulator of the work of all the others. This spirit is the secret of that inborn urge of mind creatures which initiates and maintains the practical and effective program of the ascending scale of existence; that gift of living things which accounts for their inexplicable ability to survive and, in survival, to utilize the co- ordination of all their past experience and present opportunities for the acquisition of all of everything that all of the other six mental ministers can mobilize in the mind of the organism concerned. Wisdom is the acme of intellectual performance. Wisdom is the goal of a purely mental and moral existence.
[Note well that if God (the Holy Spirit) were to switch mind levels 6 and 7 above, then we would all be ONLY worshipping without free will control - God gives us the higher spirit of wisdom and our sacred inherent volition as a Personality, and He our Holy Father-Son Spirit of Truth to allow us to CHOOSE if we want to worship our loving Father God in Jesus, or not to.]
The adjutant mind-spirits experientially grow, but they never become personal. They evolve in function, and the function of the first five in the animal orders is to a certain extent essential to the function of all seven as human intellect. This animal relationship makes the adjutants more practically effective as human mind; hence animals are to a certain extent indispensable to man's intellectual as well as to his physical evolution. [But not our certain soul and spirit growth (evolution) without limit !]
Life Carriers can organize the material forms, or physical patterns, of living beings, but the Spirit provides the initial spark of life and bestows the endowment of mind. Even the living forms of experimental life which the Life Carriers organize on their universe headquarters worlds are always devoid of reproductive powers. When the life formulas and the vital patterns are correctly assembled and properly organized, the presence of a Life Carrier is sufficient to initiate life, but all such living organisms are lacking in two essential attributes--mind endowment and reproductive powers. Animal mind and human mind are gifts of the local universe Mother Spirit, functioning through the seven adjutant mind-spirits, while creature ability to reproduce is the specific and personal impartation of the Universe Spirit to the ancestral life plasm inaugurated by the Life Carriers.
Adjutant-spirit minds. This is the ministry of a local universe Mother Spirit functioning through her seven adjutant mind-spirits on the teachable (nonmechanical) level of material mind. On this level material mind is experiencing: as subhuman (animal) intellect in the first five adjutants; as human (moral) intellect in the seven adjutants; as superhuman (midwayer) intellect in the last two adjutants."
Bro Dave later in this post: You may call God your (better to say Our) Father or Mother, or Father and Mother in One Spirit Combined, and thousands of other excellent and inspired descriptions. What do you do with (Gen) "Let US (Elohim - the Gods, Trinity) make Man in OUR (Elohim) own Image." and the nearly 2500 other uses of Elohim, and only 250 uses of Eloah (God singular) ? It is there ! Deal with this in honesty and in He the Spirit of Truth, and you will learn much more Truth.
Yes, we test the spirit(s) many times a day: "Do not scoff at those who prophecy; but TEST everything and ACCEPT that which is good, beautiful and true."
Note also that, as we all debate and learn about the Spirit(s) of God and the Trinity here; none of that developing Theology and philosophy has anything to do with our certain salvation in/by/with our Master-Maker Jesus Christ ! All sincere Persons here will certain be continuing this glorious intellectual and spiritual development, Individualy and as in groups, up on the (next higher levels) of the mansion worlds made by Jesus for our further rehabilitation and training ! Good or bad Theology-philosophy will NOT take away from us the Eternal TRUTH-FACT that JESUS SAVES DIRECTLY ! We believers in Him are just ambassadors, disciples, followers, etc.
Living faith in/with Jesus in the truth of our Father God's love and mercy in freely granting each of us eternal life as our Father's ascending sons of God in His Family is all that is needed to give us the Personal assurance of this gracious, free salvation ! We will increasingly enjoy the never-ending service opportunities in the Brotherhood of Man under the Leadership of Jesus here.
Paradise peace and sure Progress,
Your Brother Dave